1. Store couches (except sofa beds) on end to maximize space.
2. Protect mattresses and furniture with pads and covers.
3. Wrap mirrors and pictures with paper pads, or use mirror boxes. Never store these items flat.
4. Label all boxes on several sides for easy locating.
5. Disassemble tables and shelves and store on their sides. Wrap and mark all pieces for easier re-assembly.
6. Seal boxes completely with packing tape to keep out dust and pack snugly to prevent collapsing when stacked.
7. Leave a center aisle for easy access to all items.
8. Use shelving to maximize your storage space.
9. Store items you’ll need most often at the front of your unit.
10. Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly ajar and clean before storing. Don’t forget to use the space inside for extra storage.